How To Come Up With An Intriguing Research Paper Topic For College
Anyone can write a research paper. Let’s face it, you have probably been doing them since Middle school. However, coming up with an intriguing one that both captures the mind of the reader and poses thought-provoking questions can be a whole lot harder. Most people simply pick a topic that they like and then set about researching it. There is nothing particularly wrong with that strategy and because you are invested intellectually in it you are likely to secure yourself a decent grade. However, unless it is intriguing and titillating it is unlikely to get you the top grade. So, just how do you come up with an intriguing research paper topic for college? Here’re my top tips:
Do a straw poll
This is not as crazy as it sounds and I am not for one second suggesting that you should head off down your nearest high street and start stopping people in the street. However, conducting a straw poll of friends/family/work colleagues can be a great way of finding out what other people and therefore, potential readers find intriguing.
Spin your favorite topic
You don’t have to be a government spin doctor to be great at spinning. Choosing a topic that interests and excites you is always a great start. The art is in then taking that topic and spinning it on its head so that you are looking at it from a different angle. That is called intriguing.
Do the opposite of everyone else
A good student will go to extraordinary lengths to find out what everyone else in class is doing. Not because they are a sheep and want to follow the crowd but because they want to avoid what everyone else is doing. By getting a heads up concerning the competition you should be in a stronger position when it comes to being creative.
Don’t try and please everyone
What is intriguing to one person could just as easily bore the life out of someone else. This is not a popularity contest and you are not going to please everyone every time. Ultimately, this is your project and it is important that you have fun with the research.
Use upbeat language
Upbeat language can go a long way towards making a topic seem exciting. Using adjectives and adverbs is a great way of accomplishing this. You want the end result to be dynamic and stimulating.
- Finding a writer for a research paper
- Elements of a research project
- Starting a project introductory part
- Picking a great writing company
- In search of a person to compose a paper
- Ordering term papers via the Internet
- Using year 3 paper samples effectively
- The middle school paper structure
- Effective tips on custom projects
- Building blocks of a research project
- Finding example research papers
- High school project writing guidelines
- Academic research project writing rules
- Seeking research project writing company
- Example research projects in Economics
- Crafting a junior-level research project
- Nunavut food problems: a paper example
- A project sample: course synthesis
- Writing a university research project
- Structure of a medical assisting project
Need help writing your papers? Here you can hire a professional paper writer to complete all your writing assignments.
Stuck with research paper or mid term paper? Visit this site - 24/7 online writing service.