Basic Components Of An Academic Research Paper: Writing Manual For Dummies
There are basic components that form part of every academic research paper. Understanding these components has a significant impact on the quality of your work and makes it easier to write your paper. These components apply whether you are dealing with a science based or art based paper. You will be required to incorporate these components regardless of the length of your paper.
Introduction, Body and Conclusion
- - Introduction- this is the section that lays the ground for issues to be discussed in your paper. It states the problem and gives justification for your work. The section should tell the reader what to expect in the other pages or sections of your paper.
- - Body- it carries the bulk of arguments in support of the thesis statement. This is where all the data and facts are presented in an attempt to justify your position on the topic. The body also explores what other scholars say about the subject. This is your opportunity to state your case.
- - Conclusion- this is the section that summarizes everything that has been said in the paper. It ties all the arguments made together with the aim of identifying and revealing your position on the matter at hand.
Consistent Formatting Style
Every academic paper must be formatted in a formal and recognizable way. This formatting must be universal and consistent from the first page to the last. This will allow the reader to concentrate on the content and arguments being presented instead of focusing on formatting. It gives the reader an easy time since cited work can be differentiated from your opinion or input.
The argument must be built from the introduction and allowed to develop consistently and coherently through the body. There must be a connection between different sentences and paragraphs. Each idea should strengthen the previous and give impetus to the thesis statement. The conclusion should wrap all arguments in carefully selected words. The right language should be used to give meaning to words, sentences, phrases and data presented.
List of References
All cited work should be acknowledged in a formal way. The manner of referencing is determined by the formatting style. Failure to make citations means that you have plagiarized the ideas of other people. This is a grave academic crime and will lead to disqualification. Your paper must also adhere to the stipulated requirements by your supervisor. It is your ability to stick to these rules that determines the academic quality of your research paper.
- Finding a writer for a research paper
- Elements of a research project
- Starting a project introductory part
- Picking a great writing company
- In search of a person to compose a paper
- Ordering term papers via the Internet
- Using year 3 paper samples effectively
- The middle school paper structure
- Effective tips on custom projects
- Building blocks of a research project
- Finding example research papers
- High school project writing guidelines
- Academic research project writing rules
- Seeking research project writing company
- Example research projects in Economics
- Crafting a junior-level research project
- Nunavut food problems: a paper example
- A project sample: course synthesis
- Writing a university research project
- Structure of a medical assisting project
Need help writing your papers? Here you can hire a professional paper writer to complete all your writing assignments.
Stuck with research paper or mid term paper? Visit this site - 24/7 online writing service.