Writing a research paper in 5 simple steps
The following 5 steps will help you to write a good research paper.
Find a Topic.
- The hardest part of any project is making a decision about the topic. You may have some ideas that are based on work that you have covered during your course, if so that could be a really good starting point.
- If you do not have a focus already, then you may consider asking your tutor for some suggestions. You may consider looking online at some of the websites that provide lists of topics. Some of the ideas may be fairly obvious but others may provide you with some suggestions that provide a different view of some well used ideas or may influence you come up with your own ideas.
- Ideally you need topic that you will enjoy researching and writing about, but at the same time will challenge you.
Focus on your Thesis and start researching.
- Once you have made your decision you can start focusing on the theory that you will either prove or disprove.
- At this point it may be a good idea to run your ideas past your tutor. This will help provide you will additional support as they can support your decision or made suggestions for improvements of the way the thesis can be tackled.
- You can now start looking for more information to support your topic and thesis. As you start your research, make notes, lots of notes. If you make notes as you go along as you will have information to hand when you start writing. The notes will not only help you to remember where you found the information, they will also help you cite work appropriately.
Outlines and Drafts
- If you have not started already, now is the time to decide on an outline. Even at this stage make sure that your outline follows a logical progression of ideas. It may be a good idea at this point to get your tutor to have a look and comment on your outline.
- Once you start writing your draft you will find that you have to be very flexible. Advice is firstly to not try to miss out this stage, secondly to not to try to complete your draft in one session.
- You will find that your draft will exceed your total work limit that is ok as through the process of redrafting you will refine your ideas and lose a lot of the words that are superfluous.
- Make sure that you are familiar with the referencing system that you have to apply. It is quite difficult to use a referencing system that you have not used before. Check online for some quick-fix guidelines.
- When it comes to making your reference list, allow yourself plenty of time. If you think that compiling the list will only take you a few hours it may be more sensible to think that it will take you a lot longer.
- If your list of references are accurate then, it makes the job of citing easier and more accurate.
Revisions and Completed Document.
- You may need to produce more than one draft. That is OK as the more you work on the document the more refined and focussed it becomes. It would be a good idea if on your second draft you enlisted the help of a colleague or your tutor to read through and make a few suggestions.
- Before you start on your final write up then start to look for good proof-reader. Paying for this service may be a good investment. Ask friends if they can make any recommendations.
- If you have followed all of these steps then you can submit your work with confidence.
- Finding a writer for a research paper
- Elements of a research project
- Starting a project introductory part
- Picking a great writing company
- In search of a person to compose a paper
- Ordering term papers via the Internet
- Using year 3 paper samples effectively
- The middle school paper structure
- Effective tips on custom projects
- Building blocks of a research project
- Finding example research papers
- High school project writing guidelines
- Academic research project writing rules
- Seeking research project writing company
- Example research projects in Economics
- Crafting a junior-level research project
- Nunavut food problems: a paper example
- A project sample: course synthesis
- Writing a university research project
- Structure of a medical assisting project
Check out https://mypaperwriting
Need someone to write your paper? Find more info here.
Use Acemypaper.com if you need help with paper writing.
Feeling tired to write one paper more? Take some rest and get professional help here
Looking for professional writer? Try this service - online writers for hire.
Need help writing your papers? Write my paper - hire a professional paper writer to complete all your writing assignments.
Stuck with research paper or mid term paper? Visit this site - 24/7 online writing service.